Yummy Simple Carrots!

I made a new recipe last night.  This was soooo easy and very very tasty.  5 minutes prep time.  My husband really enjoyed these and I think kids would love them too.  I got the basic recipe from allrecipes.com but made a few changes.

Balsamic Glazed Carrots
1lb bag baby carrots
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Combine the bottom 3 seasonings (I used a small ice cream bowl) and pour over the carrots. 
3.  Toss the carrots in the mix a few times so they all get covered. 
4.  Spray a cookie sheet with PAM (I use olive oil flavor but any would work)
5.  Cook for about an hour (I like my carrots softer so I cooked for a long time...if you like them more crisp you can take out sooner).  About halfway through I pulled out the cookie sheet and kind of "shook" it so that the carrots would roll a bit...sort of like flipping them but a lot easier. 

When they came out of the oven, A said "hmm...they kind of look like mini hotdogs!"  LOL.  They are sweet but not too sweet.  Hard to describe, but like I said...yummy!  We split it into two servings, but my eyes were bigger than my tummy and I couldn't finish my serving.  A had no problem plowing through his though!

Total recipe: 355 cals, 14 fat, 10 fiber
2 servings = 3 WW pts each
3 servings = 2 WW pts each
4 servings = 1 WW pt each
 
I also made a very simple egg salad recipe.  (Last night was vegetarian night).  Hardest part of this recipe was peeling the eggs...and remembering to boil the eggs the night before!
 
Kelli's Egg Salad
4 hard boiled eggs
3 egg whites
2 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp gulden's mustard
1 tbsp relish
paprika, salt, pepper to taste (don't be shy!)
 
This entire recipe has 14 WW points in it (I apologize...didn't calculate total cals/fat/fiber..did each ingredient individually).  It made 3 very nice size servings of about 5 pts each.   One thing you'll notice is that I rarely cook with low-fat mayo or sour cream and never cook with artificial sugars.  So, if you do you can probably knock the points/calorie value of these recipes down even further.  Sorry...no picture of this one.
 
But, I do have one more picture.  Look who's been joining us at the dinner table this week!  :)  Won't be long until she's chowing down on some carrots of her own!
 
 

1 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm always looking for ways to make vegetables more interesting, so this is great! Thanks for the recipes!

Post a Comment