It's more than the number...

I got on the scale this morning and it showed me a higher number than the last 3 days. I found myself thinking "screw it...this is never gonna work" and daydreaming about Burger King for breakfast. BUT...then I started really thinking about why I'm doing this. The primary reason I'm doing this is not actually weight loss. I really really really want my family to have a healthy lifestyle. And reality is that my family's lifestyle begins with mom...me...I’m the one that decides whats for dinner, whats for breakfast, whats for lunch and snacks. And children learn by example...period. I can tell S to eat her fruit and veggies and skip the fried stuff...but if I'm running off to BK for breakfast...she's gonna do what I do, not what I say. And it straightened my attitude right up. I made my muffin, grabbed my packed lunch and headed off to work. It's all about perspective. Even if this weight NEVER comes off of me, if I can pass on the amazing gift of a healthy lifestyle to S (and my future kiddos), then this will all be worth it. Also, I started thinking about the fact that when I went to the Dr. on Monday my blood pressure was normal. I used to struggle with border line high BP and I really believe that the better food choices are what is helping me beat that.

1 comments:

Alison Fay said...

Just discovered your blog! I'm really enjoying it - if you get a chance check out mine - www.fatbutchanging.blogspot.com

Post a Comment