This Week's Plan

As promised in my previous post, here's my plan for next week:

Sunday – Tilapia, Quinoa with peppers and onions, Spinach Salad
Monday – Chicken with asparagus, Brown rice with peas
Tuesday – Michelle’s Mac’N’Cheese (made with tofu – this will be a first for me…if it’s good I’ll share the recipe), Corn, Spinach Salad
Wednesday – Ground Turkey Meatballs, Garlic Mashed Potatos, Brussel Sprouts
Thursday – Pulled pork sandwiches, Roasted Red Potatos, Balsamic Glazed Carrots

Yep, that’s right…I’m making the carrots again next week! I try not to repeat something two weeks in a row, but my in-laws are coming to town and will likely be joining us for dinner on Thursday night and these things were just that good! Easy and good = perfect for company!

Here’s my shopping list (we buy our meat from Sam’s so rarely include meat on my shopping list):
Spinach (I buy the bagged kind)
Fresh red pepper (for salads)
Tomatos (for salads)
Black Olives (for salads)
Fresh Asparagus
Frozen Sweet Peas
Tofu
Egg Beaters
Half and Half
Frozen broccoli
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (the 2% milk variety)
Frozen Sweet Corn
Onion Soup Mix
Reduced Fat cream of mushroom
Frozen potatos (for mashing)
Buns
Carrots

Here’s what I already have on hand:
Quinoa
Peppers and Onions (I buy mine pre-chopped and frozen…by BirdsEye)
Brown Rice
Salad Dressing
Frozen Brussel Sprouts
Red Potatos
BBQ Sauce

So, all I need to do now is add our weekly staples to the list (fruit, yogurt, dark chocolate, A’s lunch items) and I’m good to go.

I challenge any readers out there to put your plan together and publish it to your blog (and leave a comment letting us know you’ve done it). Maybe we can all share some ideas with each other!

0 comments:

Post a Comment