AWESOME Weigh-In!

I lost 4 pounds this week!  4 pounds!!  This is surreal to me.  In the past when I've done WW I've struggled to get 1 pound a week.  This time around it is coming off so much faster.  I credit this success 100% with the fact that I am concentrating on using real foods for the first time in my weight loss attempts.  I'm avoiding pre-processed food as much as possible and using fresh or frozen vegetables as a center piece of almost every lunch and dinner.  On all of my other attempts I tried to find packaged food with "low-fat" or "sugar free" on the package.  Seems that my body is not a big fan of that choice.  It is responding so much better to healthy fats (olive oil, peanut butter) and natural sugars (fruit, carrots, frozen corn).  This change in my way of cooking is paying off  not only for myself, but for my husband too.  He is inadvertently losing weight as well! (He doesn't have that much to lose but every pound counts right?)

So, 23.6 total.  I got my 20 pound star!  And, only 1.4 pounds to 25.  Which means, once again, I am super close to getting another star next week!  25 pound star...I've got my eye on you!

Also, WW announced a walking program today.  The goal is for all members to train for and walk a 5K.  I will definitely be participating.  More to come later as I figure out what kind of 5K I'd like to do.

3 comments:

Seth said...

GREAT JOB! 4 pounds is really good. Props to you for sticking with real foods. It can be real hard..and expensive...to do that. keep it up.

Jessica said...

Congratulations on a successful weigh in!

Michaela @ CupcakesToCarrotSticks said...

That is fantastic! Way to go!!!!!!

Post a Comment