Friday

This morning I weighed myself for the first time since Tuesday.  I've gained 30 pounds since conceiving and I'm 20 weeks pregnant...so I've pretty much had some sort of gain on the scale everytime I weigh.  Today though the scale was 0.2 of a pound less than Tuesday.  It made me feel good to see that I actually CAN stop the bleeding.

This week has been better than any of the last.  I worked out both Tues and Thurs.  I cooked dinner at home Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.  I prepped breakfast at home Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri.  I know that these things work.  I KNOW that eating out is no good.  And this week I proved to myself that doing less of it will help slow down this gain spiral I've been on.

There is lots of room for improvement.  I did have fast food 3 out of the last 4 days.  Fruits and veggies....what are those?  So, more to focus on. But, today, I celebrate the progress I've made this week.

Also, yesterday I was reminded of how it all comes down to choices.  Little choices over and over again.  My afternoon got all mixed up and I ended up going to one of the happy hours for a short time.  My friend is leaving our company and it was to celebrate her.  I ordered water and the waitress offered a mock-tini.  I said no thanks and stuck with the water.  I stayed for about 20 mins and left for the gym before the appetizers came out.  Only issue was...I was STARVING and knew i couldn't go to the gym without eating. I started trying to figure out what to get at a drive thru that wouldn't make my stomach upset.  And then, I stopped, tried to remember what the "me" of 18 months ago would have done...and I dug through my purse and found a granola bar.  PERFECT!

Happy Friday...we have an insanely busy weekend ahead of us.  I've got to finish painting Senna's room on Saturday and also go shopping for some clothes for all of us because on Sunday we are going to have our Christmas pictures made.  Christmas is going to be here before I know it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment