50


What  difference 50 pounds makes.  I remember at so many points in my life when I used to have the “all or nothing” attitude.  Thinking that if I couldn’t lose the 200 pounds I needed to lose I might as well lose none.  Because what good would 50 pounds do me?

As I lost weight I realized the error of my ways.  As I’ve regained I have REALLY realized how wrong I was.  Sitting at 320 I’m about 50 pounds up from the 270 I maintained for many months on end.  And I am amazed at how much of a difference these additional 50 pounds have made.  From the ‘bloat’ in my face (sure, some of that is probably pregnancy but the majority is added weight) to the sore feet.

This weekend I went shopping and was on my feet for many hours.  My body hurt so bad at the end of that.  My back, the bottoms of my feet, my legs, my ankles…everything hurt.  I remember on the way down the scale going shopping for several hours and realizing how much easier it was.  Now that I’ve packed on these 50 pounds I am sooo uncomfortable when I have to do something physical for several hours.  I also notice it when I climb the stairs at the house.  When we bought our house I really did not think having my master upstairs was a big deal but now?  I hate it.

Just as 50 pounds matters on the way up…”Just” or “Only” 50 pounds will matter on the way down.  That is one thing I’d really like to remember when this pregnancy is done.  I don’t have to get “skinny” or get to “goal”…but taking some of this weight off will help my quality of life immensely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment