Small Wins

Fast food breakfast had become a major major issue since I got pregnant.  In my first trimester I was turned off by all my normal breakfast foods.  The only thing that sounded good was hashbrowns so I started stopping by McD at breakfast and getting hashbrowns.  And then of course as I started feeling better those breakfasts got bigger and badder for me.  And then before I know it, its become a habit I have a very very hard time breaking.  But, this week I've been making a concerted effort to CUT IT OUT.  I have been eating breakfast at home before I leave and bringing a second breakfast to eat around 10am at work.  Of course I am perfectly full and I'm sure my body is so thankful for the better choices.

Also, Tuesday I went to the gym after writing that last blog post and it felt oh-so-very-good to get that done.  Muscles like to be worked.  Why do I so easily forget that?  I will go again today after work.  I have been invited to two happy hours but seeing as how I can't drink and given the fact that 30 mins at the gym feels much better than eating a bunch of appetizers at a bar...I'll be going to the gym.

It feels good to make good decisions.  Not all of my decisions have been good, but I want to celebrate the good ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment