This week

This week has been a good one. I was by NO MEANS perfect....but I've really worked hard at making better decisions.  More protein, less carbs.  I still have a lot of work to do on eliminating sweets but I've at least paired my sugary treats with a high protein meal so it hasn't sent my blood sugar spiraling out of control.  I'd like to make sugar reduction a goal this week.

I ate out 5x this week!  I had a taco salad (no shell) at the first meal.  I ordered grilled salmon with broccoli and a side salad at the second.  Taco salads (no shell) at the next two and finally a burger without the bun last night and I substituted veggies for the chips.  Of course I then ate half of Senna's fries...but it's progress.

If there is one thing I've learned from my slow steady weight loss success of the past it is that I can NOT beat myself up over imperfection.  I do not respond well to being unkind to myself.  I can choose to focus on the fact that I ate half of S's fries yesterday or I can focus on the fact that I skipped the bun and made the effort to order the grilled veggies as a side.  There are a LOT of good habits I have to work on getting back to and I will not perfect all of them again in a week.  But, practice makes perfect so I will continue to focus on making the best choices I can.

Exercise was also a success this week.  Monday I walked, Tuesday I spent 30 mins at the gym, Thursday I walked.  I was going to walk Friday but it rained all day long so instead I did a ton of work in our bonus room to get it ready to be a play room.  I worked up there for nearly three hours and sweated the whole time so I count that as a success.

Last night was a really really rough night.  Baby O was not as good of a sleeper as usual and Senna was up as well. Andy had to leave at 4:45 for work so I got stuck with both of them.  I was up from about 1:30 to 4:30 and hadn't gotten to bed until nearly midnight.  Then, the sleep I got from 4:30 to 6:00 was plagued by HORRENDOUS nightmares including Olivia falling out of the crib and falling down the stairs.  :( :(  I am exhausted today.  I was amazed by how the very first thing that crossed my mind as we headed downstairs is "What can I eat for breakfast?  Pancakes, waffles?"  Sleep is such an integral part of health.  Making good decisions without it takes a whole lot more focus.  I ignored my fatigue induced cravings and stuck with my tried and true breakfast so bravo to me.

I truly do miss blogging and hope I can find some time to fit it back in again...we shall see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment